Sunday, March 30, 2014

Midweek Ramblings

Since I posted so much about the weekend I thought I'd do another post.  Monday I put a rump roast in the slow cooker and made French Dip sandwiches for supper with my potato salad.  It was a fabulous meal.  I used the leftovers the next day for another sandwich along with a bit of leftover potato salad.  I used frozen mini baguettes for the bread since we don't have any stores that have bread like this fresh.  This received 2 thumbs up from Matt.


Slow Cooker French Dip (from Fix It and Forget It Cookbook)

3 lb rump roast
1 onion, sliced
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 beef bouillon cube (I used 1 tsp of bouillon paste)

Put everything in the slow cooker.  Add water to just cover roast.  I cooked this on high for 2 hours and then low for 4 hours.  I used frozen mini baguettes.  This made enough for 2 meals so I cut the roast in half and put half of the roast and juices in a container in the freezer for a future meal.

We had a quick flurry early in the week and I was blessed to have this wonderful view as I work from home now.  As they're predicting 10-12 inches of snow between tonight and tomorrow morning I will probably be viewing this again as I work.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ramblings of Thanksgiving

I hope everybody had an awesome Thanksgiving.  We took Jasper with us to Indiana for Thanksgiving.  I'm so impressed with how well ...