Monday, March 26, 2018

UPDATE RAMBLINGS

Lots of things have been happening since my last post so I'm going to do a quick overview to catch you up. Now things are settling down I hope to get back to posting on a regular basis.


NOVEMBER:


The good news is I passed my State CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) test! I even passed with a 94% so I did better than I thought I did. I had two bottles of my favorite Chocolate Raspberry Port Wine from Kuhnhenn Brewing from my last trip back to Michigan and I cracked open one to celebrate! I think they renamed it a Dessert Wine but it's truly delicious and I wish I could get them to ship. 





DECEMBER: 


I started a new job working as a CNA.  We decorated the farm since we had Christmas there. I put up a small fiber optic tree at my place but really didn't decorate. It was a small gathering for Christmas as my son had to work and Jasper's mother had him for the holiday. I picked easy decorations so Jasper could helped decorate the tree.  They were little stuffed snowmen so they weren't breakable. I showed him a picture of the tree after we put the presents under it and he got so excited and started pointing to some of the decorations he'd put on it. He definitely remembered what he'd helped with.




JANUARY:


We went to West Yellowstone, Montana, snowmobiling. We went with a group of 8. It was the first time I'd ever been on a snowmobile. Mr. H is an avid snowmobiler so this is something I really wanted to enjoy to do with him. Thankfully I do enjoy it. I don't recommend waiting until you're 52 years old to try it but it's a lot of fun and I enjoyed myself. There were rough areas on the trail where I kept repeating the mantra "I can do this, I can do this." The guys bought a school bus and modified it to fit 4 sleds in so we traveled very comfortably. They also pulled a trailer with 2 more sleds on it. We got a lot of comments from people.




FEBRUARY:


Things have gone really well with Mr. H and he asked me to move in with him so I moved to his farm in the north of North Dakota in February. It's been a lifetime dream to live on a farm. I'm still working on getting settled in. Trying to combine two households together is never easy. I started a new job a week after moving up here so I haven't had a lot of time to unpack. I also got a nasty bug the first week I started work and have been sick since then. Jasper loves to spend time with us and we're fortunate that we have so many people living on the farm willing to babysit so he can stay for a week at a time. Desiree has been great about helping with babysitting so he can spend time with us.




 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Ramblings of Thanksgiving

I hope everybody had an awesome Thanksgiving.  We took Jasper with us to Indiana for Thanksgiving.  I'm so impressed with how well ...